1. Name of Network
1. Fort Wayne Community Net
2. Greater Columbus Free-Net
2. The Web Address (make this a hyperlink)
3. Place it serves (This may be defined in terms of a region, a county, a city or town, or some other designation.
1. Fort Wayne – It seems that the place represented is just the City of Fort Wayne. However, they also have a link for the college IUPUFW.
2. Greater Columbus- The place represented is the actual city of Columbus along with a whole slew of suburbs or other communities within a big network.
4. What is its Mission?
1. Fort Wayne- The mission appears to be to keep citizens informed about happenings of events in the city of Fort Wayne and community organizations.
2. Greater Columbus- The mission appears to be to communicate community services like health, education, and government. There is an art and culture link.
5. Who sponsors it?
1. Fort Wayne- it would appear that the site is sponsored by Fort Wayne and it’s businesses.
2. Greater Columbus- is sponsored by the city of Columbus, the Ohio State University, and Suburbs.
6. Is it volunteer run? Does it have paid staff? Or both?
1. Fort Wayne- O would say is run by people being paid by the government of Fort Wayne. Looks professional and has a lot of information that only a professional could probably obtain.
2.Greater Columbus- Odds are it is done by people who are being paid but yet has the look and feel of a page done by volunteers.
7. What services does it offer and do these services cost anything? Some examples of services that you might find are e-mail, access to newsgroups, web discussion forums, Internet and web access, hosting web sites for non-profit organizations, businesses, individuals, e-mail lists. Many other services might be provided so be sure to note these as well. (You can make an unordered list of services to answer this question if you'd like, or you can answer it in paragraph form.)
Fort Wayne- I would have to say after doing some navigation this is for some of the bigger businesses in Fort Wayne most for profit.
Greater Columbus- Web Presence, Hosting, and Publication Services
Institutional entry-level pages (0.5 MB)
Institutional entry-level pages (1.0 MB)
Institutional pages (10 MB)
Virtual Web Server
8. If the network provides local information, what categories of informaiton does it provide? (A short narrative in paragraph form along with a list of categories would be appropriate for this answer.)
Home- Facts, History, Government, Communications & Media, News & Events, Weather, and Maps.
Arts & Entertainment
Health & Living
Transit & Travel
Sports & Recreation
Arts and Culture
9. Does the network convey a "sense of place"? That is do you get a sense of some of the unique qualitites of the place and the people it serves? If so how? Provide an example page. If not, provide an example of a "placeless" page.
Fort Wayne- Yes, because of media, local colleges, local events, maps of air ports, government information, sports affiliations.
Greater Columbus- Yes, because of media, local colleges, local events, maps of air ports, government information, sports affiliations.
10. Is there anything that you find particularly interesting about this network? If so what is it? Provide a link.
Fort Wayne- http://www.fwphil.org/ this is the like for a Philharmonic organization it Fort Wayne. I would have never have known that they had one without this page.
Greater Columbus- http://www.colug.net/ this is the link for an entire Linux user group. (Linux is a free operating system, similar to Mac and Windows.)
11. Provide a credit for yourself. This information collected by: Nathan E. Dunham